This time last year as we closed the door on 2021, we did so in the hope that 2022 would see the end of the pandemic and the end of the associated uncertain times for businesses across the globe. We soon found ourselves fighting unexpected challenges on many fronts, from spiralling energy costs, to double digit rate of inflation to labour shortages across many sectors. For the first time in a decade, we experienced significant increases in interest rates, with further increases forecasted for 2023 as Central Banks around the world struggle to bring inflation under control.
Despite these challenges, the overall outlook for the Irish economy remains positive, with many economists predicting growth in 2023, all be it at significantly lower levels than recent times. Admittedly, some sectors will face more challenges than others and the resilience and leadership of business owners will be tested once more.
As we come to the end of another action-packed year, we take some time here to reflect and remind ourselves of some key milestones and events that shaped our year in Quintas.
Thankfully, 2022 has been a very successful year for Quintas on many fronts.
I am extremely grateful to my colleagues in Quintas for their efforts during the year. I am privileged to lead a team of talented and dedicated professionals and it is inspiring to see their passion for doing their absolute best for our clients every single day.
I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to you our clients for your continued loyalty and much valued custom. Your belief in Quintas gives us the confidence to continue building a great team.
Finally, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a safe, happy & peaceful Christmas.
Special Achievements and Milestones
- Julianne Sullivan was appointed as Audit Director having joined the firm from Deloitte.
- Senior Manager Jennifer Brosnan and Denis Healy celebrated 10 years with Quintas.
- Finance Director, Julie Murray celebrated 20 years with Quintas.
- Leon Burke and Alan Fenton were appointed as Manager and Assistant Manager respectively.
- Chloe O’Sullivan and Marie O’Connor were both conferred by CPA Ireland.
- Chloe achieved first place worldwide in her final exams and was presented with The Liam Donnelly Certificate for Excellence.
- Delighted to have welcomed so many new faces during the year.
Summer 2022 we launched our Brand Video
On the 9th of December the office launched our 5 core values that capture Quintas’ ethos and will be embedded into our culture going forward.
Our five chosen values are;
- Future Proofing
Charity Partner - Edel House
The Quintas team always find time to give back.
This year we announced Edel House as our charity partner for 2022.Edel House is operated by Good Shepherd Cork and the emergency accommodation services provide support for homeless women and children, by enabling their service users to regain independence.
We organised a number of events throughout the course of the year to raise funds for Good Shepherd Cork such as;
- Quintas celebrated International Women’s Day by partaking in Pink Tuesday and raised money for Edel House.
- Well done to our Quintas team members that took part in the Cork City Woman’s Mini Marathon 2022 to raise money for Edel House.
- A coffee morning was held in support for our 2022 charity partner Edel House. Money was raised on the day and went towards their back-to-school fund which was established to provide children residing in the accommodation with uniforms for their new academic year.
- Donations were gathered for the Good Shepherd ‘Christmas Wish List’. Quintas Volunteers were also onsite collecting care packages, toys and clothes and assisting in the preparation for the festive season.
We were delighted to launch Quintas Capital in 2022 and promote Kevin Canning to Director.
Quintas Capital will provide bespoke investment opportunities for clients as part of an updated service offering. This includes the relaunch of our EIIS Fund under the banner The EIIS Innovation Fund. The fundraising for the EIIS Fund is due to close this week and investing will commence in early 2023 with an exciting pipeline of investments lined up.
Quintas Capital also provides bespoke investment opportunities to clients in other areas such as real estate.
Please reach out to Kevin Canning if you would like to learn more (Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christmas Office Opening and Closing Times
Please note that our office will be closed for the festive season at 5pm Thursday, 22nd December 2022. Our office will reopen at 8.45 on Tuesday, 3rd January 2023.
We would like to wish you all a joyous holiday season and a happy and peaceful New Year.
Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Duit